ARVHA Association for Research on the City and Housing launches in 2017 the fifth edition of the Women Architects Prize with the support of Ministry of Culture and Communication, the Ministry of Childhood and Families women's rights, the city of Paris and the National Council of the Order of Architects.
For the 2016 Awards, ARVHA also received the support of BNP Paribas Real Estate, Ciments Calcia, Technal, Rockwool, Unibail-Rodamco and Saint-Gobain. In 2016 the prize received a great success with 170 candidates women architects who presented 768 projects. The international jury presided by the Austrian architect Andrea Klimko, was composed of French and abroad personalities. The jury awarded 3 prizes, one special mention and one nomination.
- Prize Woman Architect: Véronique JOFFRE
- Prize Original Work: Tania CONCKO
- Prize Young Woman Architect: Amelia TAVELLA
- Special mention pioneer: Eliane CASTELNAU
- Nominated Woman Architect: Ingrid TAILLANDIER
More than 450 people were at the awards ceremony the 12th December 2016. This award aims to highlight the work and careers of women architects, so that young women architects can build on existing female models, and encourage parity in a male dominated profession.
For 2017 four prizes will be awarded:
- Original Work realized by a woman architect
- Woman Architect awarded for her projects (3 to 5 works complete)
- Young woman architect under 40 years old awarded for her projects (3 to 5 projects realized or not)
- International Prize awards a Woman architect for her projects, who is registered to the Order of Architect in her country except France
The competition is open from the first of May and will end the 31th of July 2017.
The Jury will determine the laureates for each prize. It is composed of representative of the Ministry of Culture and Communication, the National Council of Order of Architects, of foreign architects and laureates of the Prize 2016.
– Fulvia FAGOTTO, funder of Donne Architetto form Italy
– Silja TILLNER, Austria
– Eva ALVARES, Spain
– Véronique JOFFRE, Amelia TAVELLA, Tania CONCKO and Ingrid TAILLANDIER, laureates 2016
– Catherine GUYOT, ARVHA
11th December 2017 in the Pavillon de L’Arsenal in Paris from 5pm to 8pm. Will attend, the President of the National Council of the Order of Architects, representative of institutions involved in the project and members of the jury.